Sunday, December 19, 2010

tis the season for cookies

We give Mrs. Crocker some serious competition in December.

I received this recipe from a family friend at my bridal shower.

They are a hit every time I make them. Seriously, I've never had sugar cookies as good as these.

They rock. And they are soooo easy to make.





And it would not be a true baking experience without my guys helping out. Charlie was into the measuring and pouring.



Jack wasn't too thrilled when I huffed for the hundrenth time, "no licking dude!"



Luke wasn't home but that's okay because now that he's almost 8, he's not so into helping his mom in the kitchen...sniff sniff.

The dough is in the refrigerator. We'll roll it, make shapes, and have them decorated at our annual Christmas Party tonight with our local friends.

Merry Christmas, Friends! Enjoy:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees...

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder

Cream butter. Add sugar gradually. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Cream well. Sift flour and baking soda together and add to mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours or over night. Roll out on floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until light brown. Cool. Frost and decorate.

P.S. My New Year's resolution is to stop trading the convenience of taking pics with my i phone for my real camera. We'll see...

2 comments:

missmehoneybee said...

I haven't done any baking yet. Im gonna try this. Do you buy or make frosting?

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I didn't make my own this time because the kids were going to eat them right away. However, when we make them to save or to give away, I make my own because it dries better and looks so much prettier. Merry Christmas!