Monday, April 18, 2011

party time!

We had our annual Easter party with close local friends on Saturday. To say that we had fun would be a grand understatement. To see 20 plus kids under the age of 10 in their element makes every run to Target, Michael's, Walmart, and the Dollar Tree worth it.

I've been prepping little by little for weeks. My super hero friend helped me set everything up today in 90 degree heat. Don't we all need a friend like that?

Here you can see the set up before the rush of kids hit the food and activities. And just so you know, once a teacher, always a teacher. I do happen to set up "centers" at all of our holiday parties. Fortunately, my friends get a good laugh at my expense. They may or may not call me "Mrs." at these parties to poke a little fun.

It's cool. I can roll with it.

Oh what a lovely day it was. I'm still smiling.














(Please ignore the "e" I left out on the egg dyeing sign).





I hope you can stop by in a few days to see pics of the kids in all their glory.

Much love,
Katie

P.S. Click here to see the LEGO Easter Story video we created with the boys. Your kids will love it!

I'm linking up with Heather's Life Made Lovely Monday. Come and over and visit.
<Photobucket

13 comments:

Laurie J said...

looks like a great party, Katie--I'm jealous of the 90 degree thing (I woke up to snow this morning!) I'm wondering where you found the candy for the necklaces? <3

Anonymous said...

:)

Jennifer said...

Looks amazing! =)

Jami said...

Oh it looks so pretty! Will you come plan a party at my house? ok, maybe I'll just steal a few ideas.

keely said...

Thanks for commenting! I wish I could take credit it for the banner, but it is the fine work of Shauna from The Reed Life. Happy Monday to you!

Wendy said...

Oh my! Your party looks so fun and organized!!! I'm sure the kids LOVED it :)

meg + andy said...

wow, can we come next year! so fun. I love all your little stations. that's awesome!
meg

Genn said...

Hi Katie. I just popped over from Michele's blog tonight. I saw your comment on Janna's post, and then Michele's, and I thought your hair looked cute in your profile picture so I clicked on you. :)

I'm going to blog sugar too. Maybe I'll see ya there. Nice to meet ya.

Rachael said...

so much fun! what a great idea. may use it at a later date! and a friend like that everyone needs!

Adrian said...

Your party looks like so much fun. I have visions of doing parties just like this when the boys get bigger, stations and all.

Janna said...

Katie where did you get all those great ideas?! LOVE all the table activities.

Nancy said...

love, love, love the mason jars. you can't go wrong with those and a little bit o' ribbon! just darling. what a fun party. perfect weather too! :)

Bethany said...

It was the best Easter party ever!!! :o) You are simply AMAZING!!! :O)