Saturday, October 8, 2011

halloween banner

I saw this on Pinterest.

Photobucket

I thought it would be a perfect rainy afternoon craft for the boys.

Photobucket

I was right.

My prior elementary school teacher mode kicked into high gear.

I precut the triangles and various facial features. I even bagged each separate face for the kids to complete.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jack (3) found a way to keep himself busy as I prepped.

Photobucket

My 3, 5 and 8 year olds could have cut them out, but I'm a control freak and wanted it to look perfect.

All of that went out the window once Charlie (5) made his jack-o-lantern Tom Selleck.

Photobucket

Rumor has it that I even exclaimed, "pumpkins don't have mustaches!"

I even annoy myself with my perfectionism.

Of course they can have mustaches. To be honest, his is my favorite one hanging because of that killer stache.

I used sticky tabs to mount the web ribbon and stapled the faces on because I didn't have clothes pins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am apparently better at going with the flow when it comes to staples compared to mustaches.

Photobucket

Much love,
Katie

14 comments:

Jamie said...

So cute!

Alyss said...

Great banner! Looks perfect with all the imperfections.

Erin said...

Love the pre-bagged craft...and the stash. Ellie would have done the same thing! Isn't it amazing the things we learn from our kids?

{cuppakim} said...

HAHAHA! I made this TODAY too!! It was one of my "house is clean now i can craft crafts" sending you a pic of it right now!

The Mama Monster said...

very very cute!

ℋeatherღ said...

Love this idea! The banner turned out super cute!

Rebecca @ heartland farmhouse said...

you were right! fall is definitely helping you get your craft on, in a GOOD way!

i'm the same way ~ always find myself reeling back in comments like the 'mustache' one & 'it' annoys me too! ;)

missmehoneybee said...

Great job guys. Love it. Especially the kitty.

Kimberlee Haag @ http://enoughfaithfortoday.blogspot.com/ said...

This made me laugh! I am SO a control freak too! Glad we can laugh at ourselves sometimes ;) XoXo

Susan said...

LOL! It's perfect!

Greta said...

Yeah, the stash is awesome. You go Mama!
Love from,
Greta

Janna said...

Oh my gosh - that's SO CUTE!!! At least you didn't have my bat banner drama that turned me into Mommy Dearest.

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

We're not Halloween people here but Im totally diggin that owl. My girls would love to make something like this:)

hannah singer said...

adorable!! and now i want a tom selleck pumpkin!! xo