Thursday, October 27, 2011

it's all about the process

I love baking from scratch.

I love baking from scratch when I have time.

Lately, time has been hiding from this neck of the woods.

School, soccer, karate, cub scouts, MOPS, etc. have taken up the space of time that lingered around here this past summer.

When I spotted this pumpkin bread mix at Fresh and Easy, I grabbed it and did a happy dance.

Photobucket

Well, I didn't really dance, but I thought about it.

Just kidding.

Or not.

Here's the deal. My boys don't know the difference between from scratch or from the box.

I'll tell you what they do know:

Time with mom.

Measuring and pouring.

Photobucket

Waiting.

Photobucket

Sniffing.

Photobucket

Devouring.

Photobucket

Whether you bake from scratch or from the box, it is about the process with the littles you love.

Photobucket

Much love,
Katie

Photobucket

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

They are just plain precious! The 3 pic's at the end are GREAT! Who's the charmer in the middle! Sorry, I still get 'em mixed up Jack, Charlie and and.....and.....sorry #3 or is it #2? ;) Yikes!

Good night! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boys! look forward to following you :)

I may be entering the minivan world some time next year. I'm scared!! lol

Jessi @ this camera tells my story said...

Those look and sound amazingly declicious.. I miss fresh and easy so much! We don't have them here in TX. Boo.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog :)

Have a good Halloweekend!

Catie said...

Those look so good! I get tired of cooking sometimes too. Not only does the cooking take a while, but then the kitchen has to be cleaned! I know your boys would rather be with you :)

Laurie J said...

so true, katie! i always love reading about how you take the time to spend with your boys amidst the busyness of life---that's what it's about! happy weekend
<3 <3 <3

mrs.natu said...

i love the smell of pumpkin bread baking!! ...& what cute little fellas you have!

Jessica Johnson said...

i can almost smell pumpkin. and your posts keep making me hungry. stop it.

grey rose (they/them) said...

yes!! time is scarce here, too, we are loving some quality time from a box ;) also, fresh and easy is one of my fave things in california ;)

love you!

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

What a great post. Great reminder too. It's not about whether or not something comes from a box or is made from scratch. It's the quality time that matters.

Brooke said...

My littles would love those! Cute shots!!

likeschocolate said...

I agree! Though I often make stuff from scratch, I think we all don't need to Martha. More important to spend time with our children as it is apparent martha's daughter has some hard feelings about her mother.

Stephanie said...

So true Katie! Love this post and you too! xx