Sunday, June 26, 2011

ain't no party like a sharky party

Oh Charlie Boy. What a day we had celebrating you. In just a few days you'll be 5.

We gathered at our local YMCA for water fun...

Photobucket

Photobucket

You and Jack can be the best of friends or the worst of enemies. Brothers are like that. Especially when you're 17 months apart. And in typical brother form, you both had to show off your tricks.

Photobucket

Don't worry, Luke was there too. He's was hanging with the "big kids." It made my heart break a little that he wanted to go to the "big kid pool" and rounded up the other "big kids" instead of hanging in the "little kid" area. It wasn't long before you noticed he was gone and declared that you were a "big kid" too and deserved to go in the "big" pool.

Photobucket

Can you stay little for just a bit longer please?

Thanks, Buddy. I knew I could count of you. I love you.

Every one jumped, splashed, and swam.

Photobucket

And when all of you were wrinkled up raisins, we came in for cake. A shark cake as per your request. You should know that your dad did the decorating. I can bake, but your dad rocks it like nobody's business when it comes to the fancy stuff.

Photobucket

So Buddy, I know you are almost 5. Soon we will say good-bye to 4. Can you just make me two promises? Even when you are older and are taller than me, will you still hold my hand and look at me with that look that just comes from your heart?

Photobucket

Thanks, Buddy. I knew I could count on you. I love you.

Happy almost 5th Birthday, Charlie.

Much love,
Mom

Linking up with lovely Heather:

11 comments:

Myriah Mae said...

What an AWESOME momma you are!! That birthday party looks like a BLAST!! And the cake is too cute, way to go DAD!!

{cuppakim} said...

sharky party is toooooo cute. :) love it all.

and the hand holding with adoring eyes made me melt.

pure sweetness.

Four Flights said...

Awesome cake! Happy 5th Birthday Charlie!

Stephanie said...

Love it, you are the birthday goddess and Kevin should go on Cake Boss!!! Happy birthday sweet Charlie!!!! Hugs

Laurie J said...

happy birthday, lil man! what a fun sharky party <3

missmehoneybee said...

FIVE! WOW! Love the shark visors! Looks like a fun day. So glad we are getting a summer this year.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Aww....I love that last picture of him just staring up at you! Looks like a great big fun time. Happy Birthday little man:)
xo

SV said...

Super cute!

Nancy said...

How cute. That last picture is just darling. So glad you captured that. Please frame it. A great memory.

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

um, your ymca rocks my face off!!! Looks way more fun the ours!!!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

ooh, i wish for that too!
happy bday to your big boy!!