Thursday, June 16, 2011

rockstar hubby

There are times when I get quite frustrated that Kevin is not exactly like me.

I think life would be so much more organized and efficient.

But, then I remember why I fell in love with him in the first place. It was because of all the things I am not.

He's artistic.

He's musical.

Photobucket

He's chill.

And while I can plan and execute fun like it's nobody's business,, he just brings the fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He allows the things that make my insides churn, like hot cocoa with a mountain of homemade whip along with a heaping stack of pancakes for a Dad/son breakfast date.

Photobucket

Wrestling? No problem.

Photobucket

So this Father's Day, I'm grateful for a husband that compliments me in all the things I am not. He brings balance to our boys' lives and to this house.

He brings a level of joy to my boys' lives that I simply cannot.

And I'm okay with that. They love me for different reasons.

So, Kevin, thank you for filling up our boys' hearts with fun, music, art, and the ability to chill. God knew perfectly well why He put us together.

Happy early Father's Day to my rockstar of a husband.

Much love,
Katie

Photobucket

14 comments:

Laurie J said...

well said, friend. LOVE that our guys can be so much more chill.....esp with 3 lil men to raise!! have a sweet weekend celebrating your man!
<3

April said...

aww this was such a cute post...and my husband is the same way...i can plan what i think is the best day and my husband can spend no time planning and the kids love his plan better...always. he is the cool parent.

Kelly said...

i love how God has yoked us evenly, with our spouses and that we bring balance to each other. my husband is way more laid back than, sometimes it drives me crazy! i'm way too uptight. ;-)
happy fathers day to the rockstar!

{cuppakim} said...

love this. so sweet.

what great perspective. <3

Erin said...

Oh for the love of a musician...I'm right there with you Katie!

missmehoneybee said...

Very sweet! Have a beautiful weekend together. :)

sarah said...

good times!!!!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

love this! I always say how much more fun my husband is than me!:)

Jami said...

So fun! I always say my hubby is the fun one. I'm not sure life will ever be efficient now that we have kids, hahahaha

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Love this. Husbands who are chill are the best, we need that as moms!!! Is that a mandolin???? My hubster also jams on one of those, ha

Kara @ June & Bear said...

So sweet. This is how it is at our house too.

Karen said...

I love it Katie!!

Tiffany said...

This is such a great reminder! We are different for a reason, that's the point! I have to remember daily to just let it go (although I need to actually DO it more often). Thanks!

hannah singer said...

perfect! hooray for fun papas!
love the wrestling photo-that's where it's at.

xo