Thursday, June 30, 2011

camping

4th of July camping is on my heart tonight.

Photobucket
source

Photobucket
source

Photobucket
source

Photobucket
source

As I clickly clack on my laptop, I also stare across the room at piles of bags full of groceries, crafts, and all other camping necessities.

We have turned this into an annual 4th of July gig with some friends. You know, the friends that are more like family? Our kids have know each other since birth. We love them.

Let it be known though, that I don't love camping. I am more of a resort and spa type of gal. I love the great outdoors, but I prefer a bed and shower without a concrete floor and sand by the time the sun sets.

However, the hubs rents an RV and makes it work for me and I'm grateful. He kinda rocks. A lot.

So here we are on the eve of our annual trip. We're about to create new memories, spend long days on warm sand, and read while cool ocean breezes blow on our sun kissed cheeks.

Although, you know how I am the sunscreen queen so no worries about anyone in the the minivan diva gang getting red.

What about you? Any big plans? Any one else camping?

Much love,
Katie

Photobucket

14 comments:

April said...

i will totally take a smore in a mason jar!!!! YUMMY!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Ohhh I love those pictures!!! ...and those smooshy smores in the mason jars look amazing!

We do the Elsinore Storm Game and fireworks every year for the 4th...

Enjoy yourselves!

missmehoneybee said...

Have fun. Looking forward to your camping pictures. We are staying home and hanging by the pool..away from all the crowds.

Jami said...

yah, I'll take the first tent for my kids and the red and white one for hubby and I ;) Have fun! We love camping.

Heart n Soul said...

oh I love this!!... we don't do fourth of July here in OZ.... but wish we did coz this looks amazing :) Australia day is not quite so whimsical.

Sarah B. said...

I would love to go camping if it meant being in one of those tents - wow! Stopping by from Casey's!

sarah said...

oh wow, i love all of these pictures! i prefer a spa/resort myself, but these pics are inspiring to get outside! (:

Janene said...

I'm on the road in an rv as I write this: ) visited yosemite yesterday and hitting piano today. Usually we host a barbecue since you can view the local fireworks show from the park across the street. I LOVE being home for the 4th....but this year I'm hoping we can stay on the road a little longer; )Have fun!!!

Krissy said...

Have fun!!

Jessica Johnson said...

now i just want to eat s'mores in a jar all weekend. your fault. have fun!!!

Michele said...

Great images :) I love to camp but I love a nice hotel/resort too. Have a great 4th weekend!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. My mom used to build us a tent over a clothesline. An RV sounds like a great way to camp to me.

Mrs. Dunbar said...

I am a total resort girl. But like you, with 3 boys, the camping things reigns. I'm sure you're creating some great memories. Can't wait to see photos.

Kristen said...

those s'mores in a jar look awesome!

see you at blog sugar in the fall.