Tuesday, June 14, 2011

random happies

Well, it has been a super long time since I've done a random happies post. You can check out the others here, here and here.

With no further ado, it's baaackkk.

Here's what is floating my boat lately.

I used to be a make-up snob. Then I quit my teaching job to stay at home with the kids. For a while I simply didn't wear make- up because I was in sweats and shirts with crusty baby spit up for about 5 years straight.

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating.

Maybe not.

Recently, I read in a magazine that this mascara is a must have. And I must tell you that it most certainly is a must have. I love it!

Photobucket

So the last book I read was a biography about the deadliest climbing year on Everest. Fascinating? Yes. Morbid? A bit. I'm sooo super duper thrilled to start this book tonight. Plus, I got it on sale...woo hoo!!!!

Photobucket

Ever have a friend walk across the school parking lot with a brown bagged bottle of wine? Me neither. Until today. My hilarious friend, Lisa, thought this was all too appropriate for me.

Photobucket

Hmmm...maybe a subliminal hint???

And now that my youngest is 3, I'm seeing the light, friends. Yes, I'm seeing the light. It looks good. Suddenly, I have a new interest in looking fashionable again. Since ray ban aviators have been on the trend list for a bit, I thought I pick them up on a budget price.

ray bans: $189

Photobucket

I bought mine at my most despised store. Any guesses??? It starts with W and ends in T.

Photobucket

I'm cool with it because I look trendy for $5. Catch me trying to pose a la "Mad Housewife"?

Peace out, peeps. The hubs is gone for a work dinner tonight so it is off to prepping cereal for dinner.

Much love,
Katie
*Mascara and book images sourced from google images.

17 comments:

April said...

you look hot!!

Karen said...

Love the happies link up idea and I love the cereal for dinner even more.

{cuppakim} said...

oh my goodness. LOVE this post.


love mascara recommendations. i'm always buying whatever somebody tells me to get - i have a feeling that purple tube will be next. ;)

the help.
so good.
after i read it, i could not stop thinking about it for days. i am SO excited the movie will be out this summer. AH!

your wine is AWESOME. walking across the parking lot brown bagging is even MORE awesome.


and your sunnies are adorbs. ;) no judgement for the place of purchase :)

Anonymous said...

I love ya!

missmehoneybee said...

Love the glasses! I've been using Jojoba oil as eye makeup remover lately and love it!

Laurie J said...

those glasses are awesome but the fact that you served cereal for dinner is even more awesome. good idea for a link up!
<3

Anonymous said...

Looking good in those cool shades, Lady!

Still having comment issues.... it is [BOYS]terous Brooke

Jordan said...

You look great in those stunnas!!

SV said...

Um, you're pretty hilarious!!! Like the post...got a few chuckles. I'm a Walmart hater too, but it's kind of growing on me...at least the brand new one up the street is.

grey rose (they/them) said...

You are so darn cute. i just can't take it!
curious about that book, looks great!
xoxo

Jami said...

Lookin HAWT in the glasses and yay for cereal for dinner! WOOT!

Michele said...

Love the cute glasses and for $5 who cares if someone sits on them or steps on them (which always happens to mine). That wine label is hilarious!

Unknown said...

just bought that mascara, i have yet to use it i hope it works as good for me :) just finished that book -love-

Charla Liedahl said...

The Help...loved it! The aviators looks fab on you. I can't pull them off with my face shape so I'll stick to my big-bug eye shades instead.

Jessica Johnson said...

you are going to LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that book. i cannot stop thinking about it. and the movie comes out soon!!! i cannot wait.

likeschocolate said...

Love that mascara and love the book. Love the title of the wine though I don't drink.

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

that is my next read!!!