Thursday, June 23, 2011

worked

I'm worked.

It has been a super insane week here.

Let me give you the quickest recap as possible...

I decided on a whim to apply for an elementary teaching job.

Why would I do that when I moved mountains to make it possible to stay home???

I don't know.

I regularly search the website where all the teacher jobs are posted for the state of California like I look for homes in other states on realtor.com.

I'm weird. I guess you could say that I like to just see what's out there.

A position in our school district popped up. You may or may not be aware of the fact that teaching jobs have been dramatically decreasing in availability over the last few years. So to see a job in our district seemed too good to be true.

I tried to put all my paper work together...resume, letters of recommendations, etc. in a very short amount of time. I was searching though files, sending off emails to my references, and trying to evaluate whether or not this was insane.

I figured nothing would come of it. After all, there were over 400 applicants for one position in the district last year. However, I received an email that I was selected for an interview.

I lost many nights of sleep trying to think about interviewing again. I have not worked in 7 years. I was up playing worst case scenario/best case scenario in my head over and over again.

I was also up trying to prep for an interview and throwing a portfolio together. Whew. No wonder I'm exhausted.

Here's the proof of exhaustion besides that fact that I've been in my pajamas since 4:30 p.m. An interview does that to a girl.

We've had Legos on our kitchen table all week.

Photobucket

I'm either to nice or too tired to care. We eat around them.

Tonight's dinner? Left-overs for 2 kids...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and good ol' pb&j for a third...

Photobucket

The hubs is gone for work so it looks like cereal for me. Yep, that's just how we roll in this casa.

Good night, friends.

Much love,
Katie

Linking up:

Photobucket

14 comments:

sarah said...

awesome. so excited for you about this possible opportunity! keep us posted! love ya friend!

Laurie J said...

well, that's exciting! I thought eating around legos on the table was the norm and now I'll have to rethink my housekeeping skills ;) yes, yes, keep us posted!
<3

Jennifer said...

Excited for you! I eat around random toys on a daily basis....... ;o)

Charla Liedahl said...

Wow! I'm anxious to hear if you'll be back in the classroom come fall! Adventure awaits!

missmehoneybee said...

I love realtor.com Check this place out! http://www.thesmithyupstate.com/

Legos and dinner is awesome. :) Best of luck with the interview!

Alyss said...

Way to put your feelers out there! If you get it, maybe I can get into the subbing pool for that district. (Hint, hint) :)

Abbey said...

Good Luck on your interview! I am the exact same way with realtor.com! :) Even if I know we would never move to a various states or cities, I just love to look and maybe dream a bit!

Unknown said...

never hurts to try...you can always turn them down. :)

Anonymous said...

the Lord will direct you :) if it's supposed to happen...it will. i have peace knowing He's always watching out for His children :) keep us posted!

Karrie said...

I'm proud of you!

Tiffany said...

I feel you on the over-worked part. Same thing's happening over here. I didn't make dinner once this week! (Unless you count sticking a frozen pizza in the oven.) But, this too shall pass...at least that's what I keep telling myself. :o)

sarah said...

wowee! praying for His PEACE for you today, no matter what happens!

Jami Nato said...

hey sometimes it's just good to get yourself out there again...

Jennifer Acee said...

Sounds like an exciting prospect, and congrats on being selected for an interview!

I haven't been to the blog in a little while now; just want to say that the new header picture is fabulous. :)