Thursday, June 2, 2011

a date to remember

Charlie (4) is in the middle.

And as much as I don't like to admit it, he often gets squooshed in the middle of it all.

In some ways I think it has made him our easy one. He is more likely to go with it and if you if you've been reading for a bit, you know that we often refer to this guy as "fun time Charlie."

He has a knack for turning a mundane task fun. He just has that "thing" that "those" people do. I love that about him.

When I had Jack (3) when Charlie was only 17 months, Charlie turned on me. He wanted nothing to do with me. I could not get him out of his crib or in his jammies. Kevin was a sudden rock star in our house. I was heart broken but also very overwhelmed with 3 boys ages 4 and under. I went with it and tried to let him adjust.

He did.

We all did.

Life with 3 little boys takes some adjustment. Unless you have super powers. Sadly, I do not. Unless you consider my ability to eat A LOT of chocolate. I can throw down like you wouldn't believe.

So when Luke (8) is at school for the day and Jack is at afternoon preschool, Charlie and I get some much deserved "us" time. We both deserve it and need it. And in true Charlie form, we were able to magically transform a mundane afternoon of getting blood work (me) and running to the pharmacy and library fun.

Because when you have Charlie with you, it is simply fun. He brings his A game.

We stopped for yogurt since he declared it a date day. As we munched on our soft and sweet goodness under the shade of trees and listened to the trickling of the fountain, I just tried to soak in the fun of being Charlie's mama.







I want to bring my mama A game to Charlie just like he brings the fun to me.

Much love,
Katie

Come on over and visit here:
Photobucket

P.S. Don't forget to join up for the new link up on Sunday!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i loved reading this. what a sweet time with your boy...and i love all your names!

Greta said...

I love this. And now I want Yogurt Palace. :)
Thanks Katie.
Love from,
Greta

Jami said...

the "mommy A game", yes! I want to bring that too. Love your date day ;)

missmehoneybee said...

So sweet. Charlie is so cute. Looking forward to G being that age!

{cuppakim} said...

people like Charlie are my favorite people to be around. sounds like you are raising him well. <3