Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's a God Thing-Link Up

Let me get super real super fast with you when it comes to the issue of faith.

Although I have been a committed Christian for a long time, it is not easy for me.

I struggle with the very concept.

I am envious of those to whom it seems so easy to believe and follow.

I question. A lot.

I doubt. A lot.

I do things my way first.

There are some Sundays when I really, really don't want to go to church. At all.

But, through the ebb and flow of my faith, I can cling to this:

Jesus.

We don't have to do anything but accept. No good deeds. No special clothes. No rites of passage.

Just faith.

The rest has been done.

Much love,
Katie

Come and share what God thing is happening with you. If you are not sure how to link up, email me and I'll "walk" you through it or you can just email me your link and I'll do it for you. : ) I'm including links from last week in case you missed them.



6 comments:

April said...

oh my..i need to give you a big hug...i feel the same way!!!
xoxo

Grace Bradford said...

have you heard the little prayer- "Lord I believe, please help my unbelief" thats what came to mind reading this post. The Lord knows our hearts and He also understands our doubts. Im so glad we can still come to Him as imperfect, in-progress, lumps of clay! thanks for sharing!

grey rose (they/them) said...

and the best part is, JESUS. and he knows us and our fickle, human ways. he is there, holding out his arms to us, always faithful. even when we are not. xo

love you!

Karrie said...

Jesus loves you like no one else can; ebbs and flows in faith and all!

Rachael said...

I love the Finished Work of Jesus Christ! Watchman Nee has an awesome book Sit, Walk, Stand.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love all your sweet comments. Thank you. Hugs to each of you.